The BIO is a 1 paragraph short description of who you are written in THRID person. This is usually what film festivals, art shows, conferences will ask you to submit to introduce you to their audience or to print in their catalogs.
Write a 1 paragraph, 100 word MAXIMUM bio in third person, that clearly describes who you are, what is your background, your relevant accomplishments, education, and any other important information that will showcase your uniqueness. Post it in the BIO page of your portfolio.
Go to 1) filmfreeway.com 2) imdb.com and look for at least 3 bios that you find interesting or fascinating. Share the one you think is the best one in class.
Read the different kinds of bios of Golan Levin here http://flong.com/archive/bio/bios/
How to Write a Professional Bio
- Create an ‘About’ page for your website or profile.
- Begin writing your bio with your first and last name.
- Mention any associated brand name you might use.
- State your current position and what you do.
- Include at least one professional accomplishment.
- Describe your values and how they inform your career.
- Briefly tell your readers who you are outside of work.
- Consider adding humor or a personal story to add flavor to your professional bio.