Starting the documentary was probably one of the set backs I had because once going through all of my footage it took me a while to figure out how I wanted to have my documentary start.
With editing the hardest part was color correcting the footage. This was particularly tricky because when filming underwater colors dissipate pretty quickly. the first colors to go are the warmer colors like reds and oranges. Next are the greens and yellows and then you are left with just blues and purples. This being said once I figured out the best way to add the colors like red back into the footage the colors began to pop and everything came together.
Writing the script although is suppose to be pretty simple was anything but simple for me. My difficulty was trying to figure out what I wanted to say and how I wanted to say something. I felt as if I need to say things in an inspirational way to prove my point to why my documentary is important and why our waterways are important to the survival of the planet.
The hardest part of the entire process for me was probably editing the sound and the narration that went into the documentary. This was the first time is really looked into sound and music editing. I watched many different tutorials on how to get the best sound on videos on youtube. In the process of editing my sound it was pretty challenging to figure out how I wanted it to sound. As I went through each file it began to become second nature.